The Comprehensive Guide to Careers in Sports, 2nd Edition provides an overview of what students should consider and expect from the varied career options available to them in sports. This book answers the questions students are most likely to have, including what courses they should take, what areas are available to them, what salary they can expect to earn after graduation, and how they can get the job of their dreams. In the highly competitive field of sports management, it is important for individuals to prepare themselves well and to make the right decisions along the way. Although there are no guarantees of success, this book will increase students’ likelihood of finding success in the sports industry. Encouraging research and realistic expectations, this book has been developed by an author with many years of experience as a respected practitioner, teacher and internship coordinator.
Features and Benefits:
- Case studies and stories profile sport industry professionals & provide an insider’s perspective on the various benefits and drawbacks of working in sports.
- Organizational charts explain how sports organizations are structured.
- Industry segments describe specific industries within sports.
- Career progressions track real careers in sports to give students an idea of how people arrive at certain positions.
- Job descriptions detail actual career opportunities, responsibilities, and requirements for positions, as well as compensation and experience required.